[Biojava-l] Can I get the additional information, such as chromosome number from "source" feature from genbank file?

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Sun Jul 19 10:16:11 UTC 2009

It's in the RichAnnotation object associated with the RichFeature inside
the parsed RichSequence object (if you're using the BioJavaX
GenbankFormat parser). The RichAnnotation is a key/value map - the keys
are term objects, which you can find by requesting the term for
"chromosome" from the default ontology. You can then search the map for
the matching key/value pair.

cheers,
Richard