[Biojava-l] Depreciated methods

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Mon Jan 26 17:30:00 UTC 2009

Most methods include a note saying which method should be used instead.
For those that don't, take a look in the org.biojavax packages to see if
there are suitable alternative classes.

In the case of the deprecated SeqIOTools.fileToBioJava, a much better
version of the FASTA parser/writer exists in the org.biojavax packages.
Instructions on how to use it are here:

http://www.biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:BioJavaXDocs#Example

cheers,
Richard