[Biojava-l] [Off the Topic ] Bioinformatics for software engineers?

Ashika Umanga Umagiliya aumanga at biggjapan.com
Fri Jan 16 01:03:24 UTC 2009

Greetings all,

I come from a computer science background and at the moment I work on a
Bioinformatics software.I really see the necessity to learn more on
bioinformatics , quickly :)
I hear (and use blindly)all this words - "sequence alignment , epitopes
, CDR , homology modeling ,docking,amino acids"...etc and at the moment
I don't care much about them since I've been told what to happen and I
implement it.
Where can i learn about this concepts easily , I mean for a guy come
from mathematical and IT background ?/

Best regards,
umanga