[Biojava-l] Regarding problen in Alignment

Andreas Dräger andreas.draeger at uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Feb 24 07:34:28 UTC 2009

Dear Anant Jain,

Sorry for this misunderstanding. There is no substitution matrix
"PROTEIN_TERM". The constructor of the BioJava SubstitutionMatrix class
requires the following arguments: FiniteAlphabet alpha and File
matrixFile. As the alphabet you should use the alphabet "PROTEIN_TERM"
for matrixes of protein sequences like BLOSUM etc. In the BioJava
repository there is a newer version of this class that provides a
function to parse a matrix without explicitely providing an alphabet (it
guesses the alphabet of the matrix). I hope this helps.

Cheers
Andreas Dräger