[Biojava-l] A little problem

Anant Jain anantpossible at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 05:55:00 UTC 2009

Good Morning,
	     i want to retrieve dna sequnce from a GenBank file. So, I am using
SeqIOTools.redGenbank(br) method. There is one flaw, example of tutorials
says that i will return a sequence but its returning SequenceIterator.
That's not a problem, we can get the sequence using nextSequence() method.

Now, i want to print the sequence which i have got from genbank file,so i
used a for loop (below)

for (int pos = 1;pos<seq.length();pos++)
{

System.out.println(seq.symbolAt(pos));

}

Problem 1: It prints the nucleotides in random order, means i want it from
begining to last as i did in loop
            plz help me out, because i want to write the sequence in file

Thank You
Anant Jain
PUNE, INDIA