[Biojava-l] Multiple Sequence Viewer

Scooter Willis willishf at ufl.edu
Thu Feb 12 12:13:57 UTC 2009

I am getting my feet wet with the various parts and pieces of BioJava and
needed a multiple sequence viewer. Searched around in the code and did some
google searches and looks like one does not exist but someone faked one with
a MultipleLineReader to render each sequence as a label.

As part of the learning exercise I cloned SequencePanel to
MultipleSequencePanel and SequenceRenderContext to
MultipleSequenceRenderContext(to define returning a collection of sequences)
and SymbolSequenceRenderer to SymbolMultipleSequenceRenderer. In
SymbolMultipleSequenceRenderer I handle the rendering of multiple sequences.

I need to add in labels as a non scroll region on the left and then add
support for horizontal and vertical scroll.

Before I finish the last 10% of what I think need to be done and always
takes the longest does a multiple sequence viewer exist in BioJava and I
can't find it?

Thanks

Scooter Willis