[Biojava-l] A question about NexusFile and NewickTreeString

Thasso Griebel thasso.griebel at uni-jena.de
Tue Dec 15 14:42:47 UTC 2009

Hi,

I wanted to take a look at the parser anyways, so I took the
opportunity.

As far as i see this, the newline is just a minor part of the problem.
I think the bigger issue here is parsing inner node labels. I attached
a patch that fixes the problem, at least for inner nodes with label
and inner nodes with label and weights. Wikipedia states that Newick
allows leaves without any labels, but in case of phylogenetic trees I
think one can safely ignore this, though the parser should maybe throw
an exception.

If you are interested I also updated the unit test.

hope it helps, cheers,
-thasso