[Biojava-l] [Biojava-dev] BioJava code freeze, modularization and action items for sub modules

Michael Heuer heuermh at acm.org
Thu Aug 27 17:01:31 UTC 2009

Andreas Prlic wrote:

> Here a list of modules / action items and the people that I would propose to
> become module leaders:
>
> Module: biojava-sequencing Lead:  Michael Heuer
>   - support FastQ files
>   - support parsing of output for various new sequencing machines

I have volunteered on the open-bio mailing list to implement FASTQ
support.  A nice collection of test data is being created in collaboration
with the other open-bio projects.  If anyone has interest in a particular
data set, please let me know, as I will also need data for performance
tuning.

   michael