[Biojava-l] BioJava Question - Evolutionary Rate Calculation

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Tue Apr 21 17:18:38 UTC 2009

A simple measure of distance is e.g. the number of amino acid
differences of two sequences divided by the number of aligned amino
acids. You can use the pairwise alignments to derive that number.
There is also plenty of other ways to calculate evolutionary distances
and many papers have been written on this topic...

Andreas