[Biojava-l] [Biojava-dev] Leadership

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Tue Apr 14 08:33:05 UTC 2009

Hello again.

Well, nobody objected, and several people supported the idea, so I would
now like to formally hand over control of the BioJava project to Andreas
Prlic with immediate effect.

It's been good fun working with the project over the last 5 years, and
although I'll no longer be in charge, I will still remain on the mailing
lists and contribute code/ideas/bugfixes/etc. whenever I get the chance.

I'll also continue to attend BOSC, including this year in Stockholm, so
I'm looking forward to meeting up with everyone there for a beer or two.

Thanks for the help and support everyone's given, and I'm sure you'll
join me in wishing Andreas the best of luck with the project. He'll be
an excellent leader and with him in charge I believe the project will go
from strength to strength.

cheers,
Richard

--