[Biojava-l] MMCIF parser?

tallpaulinjax at yahoo.com tallpaulinjax at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 19:52:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

The JAVADOCS located here with a build date of today indicate BioJava supports MMCIF file parsing:
http://www.spice-3d.org/public-files/javadoc/biojava/overview-summary.html
As does the Cookbook page here:
http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:CookBook:PDB:mmcif

Yet the (official ?) Javadocs here don't indicate support:
http://www.biojava.org/docs/api16/index.html

And when I searched in the source code I can not find any mention of the *mmcif*.java files, and the class files don't seem to exist either. To make sure I had the latest build, I re-downloaded the JAR file located here and checked it as well:
http://www.biojava.org/download/bj16/all/biojava-1.6.1-all.jar

Is MMCIF support from an older version of BioJava that has been deprecated, or from a new version yet to be released?

Thanks,

Paul