[Biojava-l] org.hibernate.NonUniqueObjectException

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Thu Sep 4 10:37:43 UTC 2008

Hi guys.

After several people noticed that they got NonUniqueObjectExceptions after
flushing the BJX cache midway through the process of reading a file into
BioSQL, we've finally got to the bottom of it - several classes, including
the sequence relationship and all the file format classes, had static
references to Term objects which survive the cache flush and therefore got
carried over into the new hibernate session. This causes duplicate objects,
non unique objects, object is from another session, etc. kinds of
exceptions.

I've gone through and removed all static references, so now things should
behave properly. Committed to SVN just now.

Please let me know if this continues to be a problem and I'll take another
look.

cheers,
Richard

--