[Biojava-l] File parsing in BJ3

Mark Schreiber markjschreiber at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 03:16:51 UTC 2008

So if I want to build a BioSQL loader from Genbank then would the
classes (or there wrappers) in the BioSQL Entity package need to
implement Thing?  Would maven have an issue with that or would it just
create a dependency on core? (you can tell I've never used Maven
right).

>From a design point of view should Thing be an interface or an
Annotation? The reason I ask is that it doesn't define any methods so
it is more of a tag than an interface.

Anyway, my understanding is that I would use a Genbank parser (or
write one). Write a EntityReceiver interface (probably more than one
given the number of entities in BioSQL, implement a EntityBuilder
(again possibly more than one) that implements EntityReceiver and
builds Entity beans from messages it receives. In this case I probably
wouldn't provide a writer as JPA would be writing the beans to the
database.  Would this be how you imagine it?

- Mark