[Biojava-l] Blast XML output with multiple sequences

Ashika Umanga Umagiliya aumanga at biggjapan.com
Mon Nov 10 07:50:20 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

Sorry if this mail has been posted twice..

I have a question with blastall. I use blast-2.2.18 on debian linux.
I execute 'blastall' from my java application.I use m -7 parameter to
get the result as an XML file.

When my input file has more than one sequences like ,
 >id 1
ytfgqgtk
 >id 2
leikrkr

my output xml file actually contains two separate XML files appended
together , like :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE BlastOutput PUBLIC "-//NCBI//NCBI BlastOutput/EN"
"NCBI_BlastOutput.dtd">
 <BlastOutput>
  ..
  ..
 </BlastOutput>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE BlastOutput PUBLIC "-//NCBI//NCBI BlastOutput/EN"
"NCBI_BlastOutput.dtd">
 <BlastOutput>
  ..
  ..
</BlastOutput>

How can i get my results in one XML file,so that i can process it easily?

Thanks in advance,
umanga