[Biojava-l] SequenceLogo

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Fri Nov 7 01:16:57 UTC 2008

Hello.

You need to do three things. First, you need to get your sequence
alignment. This will involve constructing one yourself, or parsing it
from a file. How you do this depends entirely on what form your
alignment data is in.

Second, you must convert your sequence alignment into a distribution.
You can do this by using DistributionTools.distOverAlignment() and
passing in your alignment:

http://biojava.org/docs/api/org/biojava/bio/dist/DistributionTools.html#distOverAlignment(org.biojava.bio.symbol.Alignment)

Lastly, you need to pass your distribution into an instance of
DistributionLogo in order to render the logo:

http://biojava.org/docs/api/org/biojava/bio/gui/DistributionLogo.html

cheers,
Richard