[Biojava-l] Constructing Backbone of Protein

Andreas Prlic ap3 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed May 14 12:20:53 UTC 2008

Hi Armita,

> I need to write a program that can construct  the backbone of the
> protein  from  its sequence and the relevant phi and psi angles.  I
> want to know if there is a class or method that can help me to
> calculate the coordinates form phi and psi angles!

Where do you get the phi and psi angles from? sounds a bit like a
protein structure prediction problem, which Biojava can not do. If
you have a structure and you want to get the phi and psi angles, you
can have a look at the example in the docu: http://www.biojava.org/
docs/api16/org/biojava/bio/structure/Structure.html

There are also some tools for calculations on atoms and amino acids
available from:
http://www.biojava.org/docs/api16/org/biojava/bio/structure/Calc.html

Cheers,
Andreas

Andreas Prlic      Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
                               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
                               +44 (0) 1223 49 6891