[Biojava-l] proposal to drop BioSQL Singapore version support from BJ version 1.6 onwards

Mark Schreiber markjschreiber at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 06:24:32 UTC 2008

Hi all -

With the formal release of BioSQL v1.0 (Tokyo) and the new Hibernate
ORM mapping to BioSQL offered in BioJava 1.5 (BioJavaX) the older JDBC
mappings to the BioSQL (Singapore) are now outdated.  We have not been
supporting these for some time.

Unless people are still actively using these mappings I would propose
that we drop them from the upcoming BioJava 1.6.  This would remove
some cruft from the code base and would also mean we can drop about 4
jar files from the lib (commons-pool etc).

Are there any strong arguments for or against?

- Mark