[Biojava-l] Important notice about email handling on BioJava lists

Mark Schreiber markjschreiber at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 12:50:15 UTC 2008

Hi -

A lot of old emails just got posted to the list.  This usually happens
because messages that contain attachments or HTML get blocked by our
aggressive spam filter.  When our overworked admins get around to
confirming they are not spam they eventually get through but probably
too late to be of much help to you.

Therefore...  For prompt service when asking for help:

1)  USE ONLY TEXT FORMAT EMAIL (NO HTML)

2) DON'T ADD ATTACHMENTS.  If you want to post code just copy it in
the body of the email.

Although this might be a bit draconian we used to get badly spammed on
the list so this is one of the easiest ways around it.

Thanks,

- Mark