[Biojava-l] Question about StructureTools and PDBFileReader

Andreas Prlic ap3 at sanger.ac.uk
Sat Jan 12 16:24:15 UTC 2008

> My question is now if it's possible to get the CAs or groups in a
> sequence number interval?

you can access them either by their index position or PDB residue number.

I recommend consulting the javadocs for the Chain class.
http://www.biojava.org/docs/api16/org/biojava/bio/structure/package-summary.html

> Also i wonder what these additional groups between 27 and 28 are.

There are many differences between PDB files, please see either the header
of the file, or go back to the original paper that describes the
structure to find out what it means.

Andreas