[Biojava-l] Getting features with the same Location

mark.schreiber at novartis.com mark.schreiber at novartis.com
Fri Dec 12 01:41:53 UTC 2008

biojava-l-bounces at lists.open-bio.org wrote on 12/11/2008 10:59:31 PM:

> Thanks Mark and Richard.
>
> Mark, if I use your suggestion, do I need to retrieve all features of
> the sequence and analyze each one?

It really depends what you are trying to do. If you want to find if a
location overlaps any other location you can form a union of all the other
locations and then test if your location overlaps (or is contained by etc)
the CompoundLocation.

- Mark

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

exclusive use of the individual or entity named above and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of the
notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the material from any
computer.  Thank you.