[Biojava-l] BioGroovy

Mark Fortner phidias51 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 15:24:49 UTC 2008

Thanks Andreas.  That confirmed my suspicions.

It sounds like there's some interest in Groovy from the community.  At
some point it might be worth putting together a cookbook, although I'm
not sure what site would be appropriate for it.

Mark

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Andreas Prlic <andreas at sdsc.edu> wrote:
> Hi  Mark,
>
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Mark Fortner <phidias51 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've been using the biojava library with groovy lately and I ran
>> across the BioGroovy.org site.  The site seems to be a placeholder and
>> doesn't really have much information on it.  I was wondering if it was
>> an official Bio* site?
>

> I don't think it is an official site from the open bioinformatics
> foundation.  If you do a whois for biogroovy.org it gives the address
> of a bioinformatics center from korea.  In comparison the whois for
> biojava points to Chris Dagdigian from the obf.
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas

Mark Fortner

blog: http://feeds.feedburner.com/jroller/ideafactory