[Biojava-l] Quicktree

Scooter Willis willishf at ufl.edu
Sat Aug 9 20:13:38 UTC 2008

I am searching for a Java implementation of Quicktree or other accepted
methods for reconstructing phylogenies from aligned sequence data. I am
currently using quicktree but it requires sequence data to be in
stockholm format which requires a conversion step, followed by running
quicktree in cygwin on windows and then parse the Newick/Hew Hampshire
format. I use quicktree because it is fast against large sequences. I
would like to integrate the tree construction step as part of my Java
application. Anyone know of an accepted Java library for building trees?
Plenty of tree viewers just can't seem to find anything to construct
from aligned sequence data.

Thanks

Scooter