[Biojava-l] Chromatogram from a file input stream

gtg477y at mail.gatech.edu gtg477y at mail.gatech.edu
Thu Sep 27 03:25:55 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I am writing an applet to display chromatogram files. I am using
ChromatogramFactory to open the files. I've gotten the display to work when
opening the chromatogram from a file, but when I pass in an InputStream (like
from URL.openStream() or a FileInputStream) it gives me the following error
message:

org.biojava.bio.program.abi.ABIFParser$DataStream
	at
org.biojava.bio.program.abi.ABIFChromatogram$Parser.parse(ABIFChromatogram.java:154)
	at
org.biojava.bio.program.abi.ABIFChromatogram$Parser.<init>(ABIFChromatogram.java:118)
	at org.biojava.bio.program.abi.ABIFChromatogram.load(ABIFChromatogram.java:101)
	at
org.biojava.bio.program.abi.ABIFChromatogram.create(ABIFChromatogram.java:89)
	at
org.biojava.bio.chromatogram.ChromatogramFactory.create(ChromatogramFactory.java:119)
	at JimChromatogramGUI.<init>(JimChromatogramGUI.java:16)
	at JimChromatogramGUI.main(JimChromatogramGUI.java:52)

Why is it doing this? Is there some way to get around this problem or fix it so
that I can open a file from a url?