[Biojava-l] Problems loading SingleDP object via serialization

Daniel Rohrbach daniel.rohrbach at web.de
Thu Sep 6 10:43:27 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have problems loading a SingleDP object via serialization.

The Exception is
java.io.InvalidClassException: org.biojava.bio.dp.onehead.SingleDP; no valid constructor

I hope that I don't misunderstand something. The reason for the exception may is that SingleDP which implements serializable inherits from DP which isn't serializable. In such a case I think the super class (DP) must offer a no-arg constructor.

If this is the reason the same exception should also occur for the PairwiseDP.

has someone any idea?

Many greetings and thanks in advance