[Biojava-l] Evolutionary distances

Richard Holland holland at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Oct 22 12:06:57 UTC 2007

You should take a look at the latest 1.5 release, in the
org.biojavax.bio.phylo packages. This code is the beginnings of some
phylogenetics code that will perform tasks as you describe. The future
plan is to extend this code to cover a wider range of use cases. Kimura2P
is already implemented here, in
org.biojavax.bio.phylo.MultipleHitCorrection.

If you can't find code that will do what you want, but have written some
before, then please do feel free to contribute it. Even if it is slow, I'm
sure someone out there will be able to help optimise it!

cheers,
Richard