[Biojava-l] Use Of Blosum62

Saif Ur-Rehman su24 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Feb 7 16:38:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

Here is the code I am using

Cheers,

Saif

public static void main(String args[])
	{
		String x=("prot sequence excluded");
		String y=("prot sequence excluded");

		try {

	      FiniteAlphabet alphabet
(FiniteAlphabetAlphabetManager.alphabetForName("PROTEIN");

SubstitutionMatrix matrix = new SubstitutionMatrix(alphabet, new
File("///Users/su24/BLOSUM62"));

// The above line causes the exception

	      SequenceAlignment  aligner = new SmithWaterman( -1,3,2,2,1,matrix);
	      Sequence query  = ProteinTools.createProteinSequence(x, "query");
	      Sequence target = ProteinTools.createProteinSequence(y, "target");
	      aligner.pairwiseAlignment(query, target);

	      System.out.println("\nlocal alignment with SmithWaterman:\n" +
aligner.getAlignmentString());
	    }

	catch (Exception exc) {
	      exc.printStackTrace();
	    }
	  }

	}

Quoting Richard Holland <holland at ebi.ac.uk>:

Saif Ur-Rehman
Research Student
The Centre for Evolution, Genes & Genomics (CEGG)
Sir Harold Mitchell Building
School of Biology
The University of St Andrews
St Andrews,