[Biojava-l] Problem finding Restriction Enzyme sites

Richard Holland holland at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Dec 18 08:56:36 UTC 2007

Hello.

Your code is throwing an exception saying that it doesn't know what the
definition for ECOR1 is. This is because the molbio package doesn't
contain any restriction enzyme definitions by default, and you haven't
loaded any into it yet (at least, not in the code fragment you quote).

Before you can use the methods in this package, you need to have made a
call to RestrictionEnzymeManager.loadEnzymeFile() and pass it a
reference to a file containing some restriction enzyme definitions in
REBASE format #31.

Once you've used this method to load a REBASE file containing a
definition for the ECOR1 enzyme, you'll be able to use the code.

cheers,
Richard