[Biojava-l] SAX, DOM, XPath and Flat files

Mark Schreiber markjschreiber at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 09:34:28 UTC 2007

Not a bad suggestion. I wasn't aware of how many formats are now in
OWL. It would give us a pretty rapid route to pathway and microarray
object models as well.

Jena seems to be a nice package to build upon. Unfortunately due to
the 'striped' rather than nested nature of ontologies we can forget
the SAX vs DOM argument. The Jena OntModel is all going into memory.
Looks like informatics is going to be the memory pig of the next
decade.

- Mark