[Biojava-l] I would like to volunteer for BioJava

Richard Holland holland at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Aug 15 15:43:59 UTC 2007

That's great that you'd like to volunteer.

We're still working on a roadplan for the future and have no defined
list of things to do (other than docs and unit tests for all the
existing code, which if you want to contribute to you would be most
welcome to do so!).

In the meantime, we welcome any contributions in any area that you feel
has room for improvement. For instance, a particular class that you use
regularly may not be very efficient, or it might not provide all the
features you might like. Or, a particular functionality might be missing
altogether from BioJava (e.g. microarray analysis).

Currently most of our development is happening in phylogenetics, so if
there is an alternative field you are interested in it would be good to
get something going in parallel to expand the project's horizons.

Feel free to post ideas and/or code to the biojava-l mailing list, where
you'll get pretty good feedback as to what people out there who are
using BioJava really want.

Thanks again for volunteering. It's much appreciated.

cheers,
Richard