[Biojava-l] Calculate mass and pI for a protein containing ambiguity symbols

Mark Schreiber markjschreiber at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 14:38:48 UTC 2007

Hi Susy -

This issue was raised recently on (I think) the biojava-dev list. The
problem is that the MassCalc doesn't deal well (at all) with ambiguity
codes.

I think Bruce Waldon suggested a fix. Bruce, do you intend to commit
it or should I post a request for enhancement on bugzilla? I think it
should be relatively simple to fix.

As a work around you could calculate the average values (although this
is not terribly practical).

- Mark