[Biojava-l] how to get specific data from biosql database

gang wu gwu at molbio.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 26 21:26:45 UTC 2006

Hi Everyone,

I finally finished loading some Genbank genome sequences(Arabidopsis
thaliana and C. elegans) into my MySQL(5.0.19 on Redhad AS 4) BioSQL
database though the load_seqdatabase.pl works extremely slow(If turning
on -debug, a lot of messages about not able to find adaptor class for
Bio::Annotation::TypeManager, is this about the dynamic library loading
issue mention in one of Hilmar's message?).

Now I'm writing views and stored procedures so other projects can easily
retrieve specific information. It's quite easy to write views like
showing all organisms, showing all version information etc. But so far I
have not figured out how to write a SQL statement to list all genes
corresponding to the genbank files. Can anyone show me how to get the
information or let me know where to find related guide? Thanks in advance.

Gang