[Biojava-l] Any memory-optimised blast parser available ?

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Nov 13 11:28:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

Have you tried increasing the amount of memory the Java virtual machine
has available? The problem with Java is that it starts with a default
memory limit of approx. 128MB which if you've got a memory intensive
process will not be enough.

When running your program try adding the option

-Xmx256M

So if my class was called Main.class my command line would be:

java -Xmx256M -cp .:biojava.jar Main

Or if you're running this from ant then there is an attribute maxmemory
which can be specified in the <java/> task.

Hope that helps

Andy