[Biojava-l] Creating an alignment object

Richard Holland richard.holland at ebi.ac.uk
Thu May 11 14:43:23 UTC 2006

Andreas Prlic just pointed out to me that... "Andreas Draeger provided
the org.biojava.bio.alignment classes, where one can do e.g. swith
waterman and needleman wunsch...".

Having just had a look at this it's very powerful and you should be able
to implement SequenceAlignment with your own algorithm to construct a
FlexibleAlignment object, if that's what you're ultimately intending to
do.

Basically you add sequences to/from a FlexibleAlignment, then insert
gaps and deletions as necessary, all from the SequenceAlignment
implementation which is passed as input a set of Sequence objects to
align.

cheers,
Richard