[Biojava-l] unsupervised training of transition weights

Matthew Pocock matthew.pocock at ncl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 31 17:05:25 UTC 2006

> The DP code does some caching of probabilities, I don't think there's
> any way to turn this off without modifying the DP implementations.
>
>            Thomas.

My reccolection is that if you did turn this off, the algorithm would run
very, very much more slowly. Internally to the DP objects, the distribution
probabilities (in fact, they aren't even probabilities by this stage) are
stored in a data-structure optimized for the type of lookups performed during
the dynamic programming recursions.