[Biojava-l] Getting a Slice of an Alignment

Richard Holland richard.holland at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jun 26 15:29:05 UTC 2006

I think what you're looking at here are the labels of the alignment.
What you need to be looking at is a combination of the labels and the
symbol lists mapped to each label by the alignment.

The getLabels() method of a sub alignment will return you all the
original sequences for that alignment, full-length.

The symbolListForLabel(label) method of a sub-alignment will return only
the symbols of the sequence that fall within the alignment.

cheers,
Richard