[Biojava-l] Parsing Genbank/EMBL/XML Sequences from binary NCBI ASN.1 daily update files

Richard Holland richard.holland at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jun 6 15:32:37 UTC 2006

That's an easy one!

The EMBLFormat is very strict about extraneous whitespace. In the
example you give, there's an extra space after the DNA token in the ID
line. Space is not officially allowed at that point, therefore the regex
doesn't check for it, and the ID line doesn't get recognised, and throws
an exception.

cheers,
Richard

--