[Biojava-l] Citation

Francois Pepin fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Jul 31 17:52:58 UTC 2006

Hi Andreas,

Are you asking about getting a specific citation for it, or just to
format it in bibtex? Bibtex formatting is easy (jabref is an excellent
program for it), and I'd be happy to form one up if there is a specific
citation to use.

For the 2000 article in ACM SIGBIO (they have a bibtex citation off
their website):

@article{biojava,
 author = {Matthew Pocock and Thomas Down and Tim Hubbard},
 title = {BioJava: open source components for bioinformatics},
 journal = {SIGBIO Newsl.},
 volume = {20},
 number = {2},
 year = {2000},
 issn = {0163-5697},
 pages = {10--12},
 doi = {http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/360262.360266},
 publisher = {ACM Press},
 address = {New York, NY, USA},
 }

Another article from pubmed (generated by jabref using the pubmed it):

@ARTICLE{Mangalam2002,
  author = {Harry Mangalam},
  title = {The Bio* toolkits--a brief overview.},
  journal = {Brief Bioinform},
  year = {2002},
  volume = {3},
  pages = {296--302},
  number = {3},
  month = {Sep},
  abstract = {Bioinformatics research is often difficult to do with
commercial software.
	The Open Source BioPerl, BioPython and Biojava projects provide
toolkits
	with multiple functionality that make it easier to create customised
	pipelines or analysis. This review briefly compares the quirks of
	the underlying languages and the functionality, documentation, utility
	and relative advantages of the Bio counterparts, particularly from
	the point of view of the beginning biologist programmer.},
  keywords = {Computational Biology; Computer Systems; Humans; Internet;
Programming
	Languages; Software; User-Computer Interface},
  pmid = {12230038}
}

Is there another article that is the current biojava citation?

Francois