[Biojava-l] installation - java newbie

Thomas Jüttemann t.juettemann at sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 27 16:49:49 UTC 2006

Hi all!

I recently started using Java, today I tried to install BioJava 1.4. As
suggested in the "Getting Started" section I put the jar-file into the
"ext" directory (D:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\lib\ext). When then
trying to

import org.biojava.bio.*;

Eclipse tells me that it can't resolve it. I also tried to use set
CLASSPATH, but didn't work. I'm trying this on a windows machine, but
have to say I am not that experienced with Windows administration. I tried:

set CLASSPATH D:\biojava-1.4\biojava.jar;

but when I do:

echo %CLASSPATH%

the result is:

.;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\QTJava.zip

The "biojava.jar" is in 2 directories at the moment, one in
D:\biojava-1.4 and one in D:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\lib\ext

Any hints?

Apologies if I am blinded by the obvious!

Cheers,
Thomas