[Biojava-l] BioSQL cvs versions

mark.schreiber at novartis.com mark.schreiber at novartis.com
Sun Jan 22 20:17:16 EST 2006

Dear Felix,

We have found a number of deficiencies in biojava's support of biosql.
Therefore we have moved to a new model using hibernate to overcome several
problems. This will be officially released in biojava1.5. In the meantime
you can download the development version from CVS.

Having said that, the best supported database versions in biojava 1.4 are
Oracle and MySQL. These have received the most testing and support. If you
have a chance (and cannot use Hibernate) I would suggest using one of
those. Although someone may offer a bug fix for this problem we do not
plan to support the old biojava/biosql mappings after 1.5 is released.
They have been deprecated in the CVS. The official way to interact with
biosql will be via Hibernate.

- Mark

Mark Schreiber
Research Investigator (Bioinformatics)

Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases (NITD)
10 Biopolis Road
#05-01 Chromos
Singapore 138670
www.nitd.novartis.com