[Biojava-l] Generalized HMM in biojava?

wendy wong wendy.wong at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 11:03:11 EST 2006

Thanks!
Now I have two questions about the SimpleEmissionState class:

1. advance: I am not entirely sure what it does. So if my state emits
4 symbols at a time do I set it to {4}?

2. Each of my sites can emit up to more than 100 alphabets and if
each state emits 4 symbols at a time the number of alphabet for each
state is 100^4. I am a bit concerned about setting up the
distributions (too much memory consumption?). Is there a function that
I can overload so that the probability of each emission alphabet can
be calculated on the run?

Thanks for your help!

wendy