[Biojava-l] Embl parser problem

mark.schreiber at novartis.com mark.schreiber at novartis.com
Tue Jan 3 20:09:49 EST 2006

Hi -

A BioException would be expected when parsing an embl file via the genbank
option. I is surprising you don't get one when parsing a genbank file via
the embl option although it clearly has not worked properly.

You should only ever parse a file with the appropriate read method.

Please note that if you have access to CVS you could download the
development version of the new parsers (biojavax) which do a much better
job.

- Mark

"Jolyon Holdstock" <jolyon.holdstock at ogt.co.uk>
Sent by: biojava-l-bounces at portal.open-bio.org