[Biojava-l] Problem: BioSQL-cvs and/or RichSequence-Annotation

mark.schreiber at novartis.com mark.schreiber at novartis.com
Wed Feb 15 21:44:31 EST 2006

Wow, that tutorial is out of date!

The assembly sql is not required any longer. It was specifically put in by
David Huen (I think) to allow him to store assembly data in biosql. Can
anyone comment on the need for the accelerators?

As for you second point I would discourage the use of the enrich method
whenever possible. It does the best it can but cannot work miracles. If
you get a new download of CVS RichSequence.Tools has several
createRichSequence methods to avoid the use of this 'anti-pattern'.

RichSequence seq =
(SimpleRichSequence)RichSequence.Tools.enrich(DNATools.createDNASequence("gattacagattaca","urn:local:seq"));

As an aside there is no need to cast the return of enrich if you are
assining it to a RichSequence pointer.

Hope this helps,

- Mark

Felix Dreher <dreher at mpiib-berlin.mpg.de>