[Biojava-l] Contributers

mark.schreiber at novartis.com mark.schreiber at novartis.com
Tue Feb 14 04:45:07 EST 2006

Hi all -

As you will know we are moving biojava to a wiki based format. On the
BioJava community page I am trying to extend the list of people who
contributed to the project in someway. Currently the list is very
incomplete.

If you have made any kind of contribution in the past please add yourself
to the list. It's simple enough to do. Follow these instructions.

1. Go to http://biojava.open-bio.org/wiki/BioJava:Community_Portal
2. Click the edit button next to the contributers heading (you might be
prompted to login, just give yourself a username and password and hey
presto your editing)
3. add a link for yourself eg, * [[Joe Bloggs|Joe Bloggs]] and save the
page.
4. Joe Bloggs will now appear as a red link on the page. Click the link
and start adding information about yourself and what you did (do) with
biojava.
5. add [[Category:People]] to the bottom of the page
6. Save the page.
7. By default you will have a [[User:MyUserName]] page. In this you should
put #REDIRECT [[Joe Bloggs]]

Why should you do this?

1. Because you can.
2. It's really the only way people who contribute to biojava get any
credit at all for their contributions to humanity.
3. It would be really great to keep some kind of record of who contributed
what and how many people have contributed to biojava. This will be
essential if we ever publish.

Don't make me look through the @author tags!

- Mark

Mark Schreiber
Research Investigator (Bioinformatics)

Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases (NITD)
10 Biopolis Road
#05-01 Chromos
Singapore 138670
www.nitd.novartis.com