[Biojava-l] Newbie struggling with secondary structure

Tjaart de Beer tjaart at tuks.co.za
Mon Feb 6 12:09:57 EST 2006

Hi

I am new to Biojava (and Java). I want to get the secondary structure
assignment (located in the PDB file) for a PDB file. I have looked at
the AminoAcid interfaces and classes but can't get the stuff to work (I
ahev gotten some of the Structure interfaces to work...). Does someone
maybe have an example of extracting assigned secondary structure from a
PDB file?

An alternative is simply to write a class which reads all the lines
starting with HELIX or SHEET and somehow parse them into meaningful results.

Tjaart de Beer
The software required "Windows XP or better" ... so I installed Linux