[Biojava-l] Pairwise Alignment

mark.schreiber at novartis.com mark.schreiber at novartis.com
Tue Apr 25 06:07:59 UTC 2006

Hi -

The appropriate classes for SW and NW pairwise alignment are in the
org.biojava.bio.alignment package in the CVS (see
http://code.open-bio.org/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/biojava-live/src/org/biojava/bio/alignment/?cvsroot=biojava).

While SW and NW are simple they are not as flexible as the pairwise
architectures that can be made with HMMs. For a standard pairwise
alignment I would think that the SW and NW algorithms are fine.

I'm not sure about comparative speed or memory requirements.

- Mark

Joanna Sharman <J.L.Sharman at sms.ed.ac.uk>
Sent by: biojava-l-bounces at lists.open-bio.org
04/19/2006 05:35 PM