[Biojava-l] Problem with downloading Genbank-sequence

Thomas Down td2 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Nov 30 10:33:30 EST 2005

Hi Felix,

This doesn't look like a problem specific to GenbankSequenceDB
itself, but a problem with initialising some core BioJava machinary
(from the exception you report, it looks like the static initializer
for the FeatureFilter.OnlyChildren class is failing -- I assume the
real problem is occuring somewhere in WalkerFactory, but the exact
problem isn't being reporter in your exception.

What version of Java are you using?

Do you have an up-to-date bytecode.jar somewhere where it will be
picked up (I notice you're using JavaServer Faces, I'm afraid I don't
have any experience with this -- is there anyone on the list that does?)

What happens if you put a line like:

        WalkerFactory.getInstance().addTypeWithParent
(FeatureFilter.OnlyChildren.class);

somewhere in your code?  I'd expect this to fail, too, but hopefully
it with give a more informative exception.

              Thomas.