[Biojava-l] lage data sets/filtersByAnnotation ?

Martina boehme at mpiib-berlin.mpg.de
Wed May 4 09:01:21 EDT 2005

Hi,

1. I was wondering if anyone has testet bioJava/Biosql with large data
sets - say the human genome? Not any sequence analysis/manipulation,
just retrieving data. Is it reasonable fast to retrieve eg. features
filtered by type/ancestor in, say 5 times nested features compared to
direct db access?

2. I noticed in the source that filters by annotation also existed,
but commented out. Are there any plans to reactivate these?

Regards,
Martina