[Biojava-l] Obtaining sequence range

Jolyon Holdstock jolyon.holdstock at ogt.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 13:34:48 EST 2005

Hi,

I am constructing a GUI comprising 2 TranslatedSequencePanels. The lower
panel has the detail provided by various renderers.

The upper panel is meant to show the whole sequence with a section
highlighted to reflect the part currently displayed in the lower window.

I am having real trouble getting to the data describing the coordinates
of the sequence shown in the lower panel.

I have tried using the getRange() method from the lower panel but that
always returns a min of 0 and a max of 1.

I have also tried getRange() from the RulerRenderer that is in the lower
panel. This too, has not been successful.

I can pass the RangeLocation returned by the method but I get a
NullPointerException when I use it to call getMin() and getMax().

Is there a way to do this more easily?

Many thanks,

Jolyon Holdstock