[Biojava-l] Using SeqIOTools in a JNLP context

Andreas Prlic ap3 at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Jun 21 18:08:19 EDT 2005

Hi Keith,

You should get  an java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
from webstart.
To access the filesystem from an application started with webstart
requires special permission. This means you have to sign your
application and the user has to permit the execution.

see e.g.
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/security1.2/toolsign/signer.html
Cheers,
Andreas