[Biojava-l] Parse with HSPHandler ??

mark.schreiber at novartis.com mark.schreiber at novartis.com
Sun Jun 19 21:01:29 EDT 2005

What is it that you want from the BLAST record that you are not getting?

- Mark

Sébastien PETIT <great_fred at yahoo.com>
Sent by: biojava-l-bounces at portal.open-bio.org
06/17/2005 08:01 PM

        To:     biojava-l at biojava.org
        cc:     (bcc: Mark Schreiber/GP/Novartis)
        Subject:        [Biojava-l] Parse with HSPHandler ??

Hi everybody...

I try to understand how Biojava works and I have a lot of problem...
Maybe because I'm new in Java and Biojava....

I have files from blast programs of NCBI....
I can get them in text or XML format....
But, my wish is to keep just the aligments sequences and the name of
the protein of each sequence...

I tried to use HspHandler class and the example "BlastParser", given by
Mark Schreiber, but I haven't what I want...And I don't know anymore
how I can do...

If it's not clear, I can try to better explain...Ask me....
(Because I'm French and not very good in English...;);) )

Thank you for any answer..

Sebastien